LSI - Youth Leadership Institute
To extend the reach of the benefits associated with youth sports to a broader and multi-cultural demographic while enhancing existing programs at the local, regional, and state levels. To accomplish this, the SFA-YLI will establish partnerships with existing youth recreation and advocacy organizations in the greater Nacogdoches area.
Our programming will be geared toward young people ages 11-18 and will charge a minimum fee to encourage participation. All YLI Seminars will be held in the SFA Athletic William R. Johnson Coliseum according to the presentation schedule found here.
We are pleased to now offer a curriculum in collaboration with the Habitudes program as it will greatly enhance our participant experience! To learn more about this comprehensive and exciting organization, please click their link below:
YLI SEMINAR TOPICS
(ALL SESSIONS ARE LOCATED AT THE SFA WILLIAM R. JOHNSON COLISEUM OR THE SFA FOOTBALL FIELDHOUSE.)
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS & GOAL SETTING | SATURDAY-9/7/19 2-4 pm @ the SFA WRJ Coliseum
- COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT | SATURDAY-10/26/19 11-1 pm @ the SFA WRJ Coliseum
- MATH OF MONEY | SATURDAY-11/16/19 11-1 pm @ the SFA Football Fieldhouse
- CHRISTMAS PARADE STAGING | SATURDAY- 12/7/19 230-4 pm
- DRUG & ALCOHOL ABUSE | SATURDAY-1/11/20 11-1 pm
- DIGITAL RESPONSIBILITY | SATURDAY-2/22/20 11-1 pm
- DINING ETIQUETTE GALA DINNER | WEDNESDAY-3/18/20 630-830 pm
- Hosted at the Baker Patillo Student Center – Grand Ballroom on campus at SFA
- Dr. Susan Quiring will be presenting
- IMPORTANT OF RECREATION & SPORT-4/11/20 11-1 pm
CORRESPONDING SEMINAR HOMEWORK
(ALL ASSIGNMENTS SHOULD BE PREPARED TO SHARE PRIOR TO THE NEXT SESSION)
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS & GOAL SETTING | ASSIGNMENT: Prepare 3 goals to share in sub-groups as the ice breaker in Session #2. You should have one in Short – Mid – Long Term time frames and they may be academic, social or athletic in nature.
- COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT | ASSIGNMENT: Be sure to communicate the selected outreach activities to your parents. It is very important that you attend!
- MATH OF MONEY | ASSIGNMENT: TBD
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION | ASSIGNMENT: TBD
- DRUG & ALCOHOL ABUSE | ASSIGNMENT: TBD
- DIGITAL RESPONSIBILITY | ASSIGNMENT: TBD
- IMPORTANCE OF RECREATION & SPORT | ASSIGNMENT: TBD
- DINING ETIQUETTE | ASSIGNMENT: TBD
- ANNUAL YOUTH LEADERSHIP GALA | ASSIGNMENT: TBD
4 COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROJECTS PER SEMESTER
- 12/7/19 from 230-4 pm: City of Nacogdoches Christmas Parade
- 1/25/20: Kid Fish
- Spring 2020 TBD: The Big Event
- Summer 2020 TBD: Blueberry Festival 5k
The Sports Hub of East Texas!
“We are driven with a mission to place Stephen F. Austin State University at the forefront of Sport Science Research and Coaching Education while fostering an unparalleled student-athlete experience."